Fantasy Impact: Ales Hemsky signs a three-year deal with the Dallas Stars.
Fantasy Players Impacted: Hemsky and Spezza get to renew their chemistry in Dallas. Hemsky became a 40-point guy in Edmonton as he slipped down the depth chart. He isn’t guaranteed top unit power play time in Dallas with Spezza, Jamie Benn and Tyler Seguin guaranteed top minutes but he could fit in. If Dallas follows the Avalanche model from this past season then Hemsky could return to 60 points (again, assuming he’s healthy, which is faulty logic).
It is worth mentioning that the Stars still do not have a lot of talent on the blueline but like the Avalanche proved, you can still have a high-flying roster without much on defense.
Some of the younger forwards in the Stars system get bumped down the depth chart creating a longer wait.
Fantasy Players this helps, in order:
Fantasy Players this hurts, in order:
- Ramblings: Byfuglien's future; training camp notes; peripheral players - September 19
- Ramblings: News of the Day, Center Groups (Sept 21)
- Ramblings: Chabot Signing, Montour Injury, Defense Groups (Sept 20)
- Frozen Tools Forensics: Top 20 Rookies – Part 1
- Dobber's Offseason Fantasy Grades 2019: Winnipeg Jets (and Final Team Rankings)
- The Journey: The One-Year Fantasy Rebuild
- Dobber's Offseason Fantasy Grades 2019: Washington Capitals
- Capped: Team by team buy and sell, part 7