Fantasy Impact: The Anaheim Ducks have acquired winger Jamie McGinn from the Buffalo Sabres in exchange for a conditional third-round draft pick.
The Ducks get: a streaky scorer who can hold his own on a scoring line…if he happens to be 'in the zone' at the time.
The Sabres get: a decent draft pick for a player who wasn't a part of their future plans.
Fantasy Players Impacted:
Much like Anaheim's other acquisition (Brandon Pirri – analysis here), McGinn will jockey for position among Anaheim's top nine. If everything works out, he'll be on the first line with Ryan Getzlaf. If it doesn’t work out, he’ll be sitting in the press box sharing popcorn with Chris Stewart (apparently Patrick Maroon has been traded to Edmonton!). So much like Pirri, McGinn represents a high risk/reward. If given a choice, I would prefer to own Pirri for the stretch run and for the long-term future. Boom or bust for McGinn, with the odds leaning towards 'bust'.
Fantasy Players this helps, in order:
1. Moulson (stats/line combo info here)
2. Gionta (stats/line combo info here)
Fantasy Players this hurts, in order:
1. McGinn (stats/line combo info here)
2. Stewart (stats/line combo info here)
- Top Fantasy 50 Prospect Goaltenders - Spring, 2019
- Ramblings: Updates on Monahan, Eberle, Filppula; Gourde; Weber; Fowler - March 21
- Ramblings: Updates on Monahan, Palmieri, and Pageau; Zucker; Toffoli; Radulov - March 22
- Top 100 Keeper League Goaltenders - March 2019
- Tournament: Which Veterans Will Be The Most Productive Over The Next Five Years?
- Lining Up: March 22 - April 3
- Injury Ward: Karlsson, Krug, Chabot, Malkin, Pavelski, & MAF
- Capped: Playing Either/Or with Different Salary Levels