Fantasy Impact: The Anaheim Ducks have acquired winger Jamie McGinn from the Buffalo Sabres in exchange for a conditional third-round draft pick.
The Ducks get: a streaky scorer who can hold his own on a scoring line…if he happens to be 'in the zone' at the time.
The Sabres get: a decent draft pick for a player who wasn't a part of their future plans.
Fantasy Players Impacted:
Much like Anaheim's other acquisition (Brandon Pirri – analysis here), McGinn will jockey for position among Anaheim's top nine. If everything works out, he'll be on the first line with Ryan Getzlaf. If it doesn’t work out, he’ll be sitting in the press box sharing popcorn with Chris Stewart (apparently Patrick Maroon has been traded to Edmonton!). So much like Pirri, McGinn represents a high risk/reward. If given a choice, I would prefer to own Pirri for the stretch run and for the long-term future. Boom or bust for McGinn, with the odds leaning towards 'bust'.
Fantasy Players this helps, in order:
1. Moulson (stats/line combo info here)
2. Gionta (stats/line combo info here)
Fantasy Players this hurts, in order:
1. McGinn (stats/line combo info here)
2. Stewart (stats/line combo info here)
- Top 100 Roto Rankings – July 2019
- Ramblings: Rookie Projections & A Minor Trade (July 17)
- Ramblings: Burakovsky, Heinola, Cozens sign; East odds; Ovi; Barrie - July 16
- Fantasy Poll: Which Players Will Suffer The Most From Off-Season Movement?
- Ramblings: Stewart and Compher sign; Chicago's goaltending; Ellis; Green; Teuvo - July 18
- Eastern Edge: Players coming off career years
- Wild West Summer Series 2019: Edmonton
- Capped: Introducing cap league tools and top cap league values