Fantasy Impact: The Anaheim Ducks have acquired winger Jamie McGinn from the Buffalo Sabres in exchange for a conditional third-round draft pick.
The Ducks get: a streaky scorer who can hold his own on a scoring line…if he happens to be 'in the zone' at the time.
The Sabres get: a decent draft pick for a player who wasn't a part of their future plans.
Fantasy Players Impacted:
Much like Anaheim's other acquisition (Brandon Pirri – analysis here), McGinn will jockey for position among Anaheim's top nine. If everything works out, he'll be on the first line with Ryan Getzlaf. If it doesn’t work out, he’ll be sitting in the press box sharing popcorn with Chris Stewart (apparently Patrick Maroon has been traded to Edmonton!). So much like Pirri, McGinn represents a high risk/reward. If given a choice, I would prefer to own Pirri for the stretch run and for the long-term future. Boom or bust for McGinn, with the odds leaning towards 'bust'.
Fantasy Players this helps, in order:
1. Moulson (stats/line combo info here)
2. Gionta (stats/line combo info here)
Fantasy Players this hurts, in order:
1. McGinn (stats/line combo info here)
2. Stewart (stats/line combo info here)
- Top 10 Players to Sell High On
- Ramblings: Thoughts on a couple of organizational goalie battles, and some waiver wire recommendations (Oct 21)
- Ramblings: Rantanen injured; Josh Anderson returns; Philly flys; random facts - October 22
- Wild West: 6 Surging Defensemen
- 21 Fantasy Hockey Rambles
- Eastern Edge: Players to buy low
- Geek of the Week: Was the Lucic vs. Neal 1-for-1 a Win-Win for Fantasy Owners?
- Fantasy Hockey Podcast: Ceeping Carlson