Fantasy Impact: The Florida Panthers have acquired forward Brandon Pirri from the Chicago Blackhawks for a third-round pick in 2014 and a fifth rounder in 2016.
The Panthers get: a young (still only 22), productive AHLer with versatility (can play wing or center) and upside. Stuck in a deep Chicago system, Pirri wasn’t quite good enough to lock down the second-line center job and couldn’t fit on a checking line. Check out Pirri’s outlook and upside here.
The Blackhawks get: two chances to draft another Pirri. The mighty ‘Hawks didn’t need him and they were very accommodating in moving him to a team that could use him.
Fantasy Players Impacted: Pirri has some value now in many league formats. With 21 games left he can be penciled in for 10 to 12 points, with upside for 14. And on Florida that’s an elite scorer! He’ll sub in for the injured Aleksander Barkov – who may be out for the season or close to it. This is a great audition for a role next year. Next season he will either knock Shawn Matthias out of a job, or he’ll move to the wing.
The Panthers have added a forward – it looks like one of (or both of) Brad Boyes and Tomas Fleischmann are on the way out this week.
Fantasy Players this helps, in order:
Fantasy Players this hurts, in order:
- Top 10 Buy-Low Candidates - Fall, 2019
- Ramblings: The 10 Biggest Worries (Of My Projections)…and The 10 Guide Projections I’m Not Budging (Oct 14)
- 21 Fantasy Hockey Rambles
- Ramblings: Demko's cage; Philly's second line; Hjalmarsson and Hischier injured; recaps - October 15
- Top 300 Keeper League Skaters - October 2019
- Geek of the Week: Can Kevin Labanc Be A Breakout Star?
- Wild West: Early Hot Streaks (2019)
- Fantasy Hockey Podcast: Martin Jones, Martin Jones, Wake Up Now