Fantasy Impact: Christian Ehrhoff owners have hit the lottery, as he signs with the Penguins for one year ($4 million per Bob McKenzie).
The Penguins get: a decent puck-moving defenseman to help out while Olli Maatta and Derick Pouliot recover from shoulder surgeries. Ehrhoff is a former 50-point player coming off a poor season (33 points), but he’s only 31 in his prime.
Fantasy Players Impacted: This has a huge impact on Ehrhoff, as the team around him is 10 times the team that he had around him last year. The Pens often roll four forwards on the power play, so Ehrhoff may find himself on the second PP unit and you may see Paul Martin’s power-play time reduced. But the Penguins suffer a lot of injuries, so this is a very fluid scenario. When Maatta returns in December, he may find PP time hard to come by.
Fantasy Players this helps, in order:
Fantasy Players this hurts, in order:
- Top 10 Buy-Low Candidates - Fall, 2019
- Ramblings: The 10 Biggest Worries (Of My Projections)…and The 10 Guide Projections I’m Not Budging (Oct 14)
- 21 Fantasy Hockey Rambles
- Ramblings: Demko's cage; Philly's second line; Hjalmarsson and Hischier injured; recaps - October 15
- Top 300 Keeper League Skaters - October 2019
- Geek of the Week: Can Kevin Labanc Be A Breakout Star?
- Wild West: Early Hot Streaks (2019)
- Fantasy Hockey Podcast: Martin Jones, Martin Jones, Wake Up Now