The Lightning get: A backup goaltender in Domingue who fell out of favour in Arizona after a rough start and their acquisition of Scott Wedgewood. Thus, the goaltender carousel continues to spin.
Domingue had a nice run of starts for the Coyotes a couple of seasons ago but his career 0.906 makes him a clear backup. However, going from the league’s worst team to the league’s best will do wonders for his fantasy value.
Andrei Vasilevskiy is entrenched as the Lightning starter and Peter Budaj is a capable backup. Domingue will report to the Lightning AHL affiliate and attempt to rehab his game. He should be considered third in line for the top spot in Tampa Bay but as we have seen this season, #3 can become #1 in a hurry making him worth a stash in deep leagues.
Top Lightning goalie prospect Connor Ingram has bounced between the AHL and the ECHL in his first pro season and should not be considered a threat to Domingue at this time but with development he could usurp Domingue at some point in the next year.
The Coyotes get: a 36-year-old journeyman in Leighton who performed horribly for the Hurricanes in four appearances last season. It’s hard to see Leighton having any value as he joins the last-place Coyotes.
The Coyotes also acquired veteran forward McGinn for his second spin with the team. In his last go-around with the organization McGinn skated 18 games recording two points and 10 PIM. If he is to have any fantasy value, it is as a pseudo-enforcer but it’s hard to view his addition as anything other than organizational depth.
Players this helps in order:
Players this hurts in order:
Thanks for reading! You can follow me on Twitter @SteveLaidlaw.
- Fantasy Impact: Penguins Trade for Derick Brassard
- Ramblings: Petry, Klefbom and Vatanen are Undervalued Blue Line Options (Feb 23)
- Four Goalies to Approach Differently Ahead of the Trade Deadline
- Ramblings: Brassard Traded; Pens Blast 'Canes; Jets Blank Blues - February 24
- Fantasy Impact: The Devils Acquire Michael Grabner
- Looking Ahead: Oliver Bjorkstrand Offers Value in the Week Ahead
- Daily Fantasy - Risky budget plays so you can afford 'the Ghost' (Feb 22)
- Saturday NHL Game Picks - February 24