Washington has acquired Sergei Fedorov from Columbus for prospect Ted Ruth.
Washington gets: veteran leadership and a Russian mentor for their superstar.
Columbus gets: Ted Ruth is a mid-level prospect rearguard who holds no fantasy value currently.
Fantasy Players Impacted: It is almost certain that Fedorov will get a trial on the first line with Ovechkin. Failing that, he will have Semin on his wing. I don't think Fedorov has a whole lot of gas left in the tank, but he does have SOME…so look for his production to soar – especially to start. He will put up 65-point type of numbers going forward, if healthy. His leadership and experience helps Semin and Ovechkin immensely.
Discuss the new-look Caps right here in our forum – a Fedorov trade thread is already underway. See what your peers think!
- Top 100 Roto Rankings – July 2019
- Top 10 value losses from offseason moves
- How did each team do on July 1st – Finishing up last week’s monster Ramblings (July 15)
- Ramblings: Rookie Projections & A Minor Trade (July 17)
- Ramblings: Burakovsky, Heinola, Cozens sign; East odds; Ovi; Barrie - July 16
- Eastern Edge: Players coming off career years
- Wild West Summer Series 2019: Edmonton
- Fantasy Poll: Which Players Will Suffer The Most From Off-Season Movement?