Fantasy Impact: The New York Islanders have acquired rookie Shane Prince and a seventh-round draft pick from the Ottawa Senators for a third-round draft pick.
The Islanders get: a promising youngster with scoring-line upside. Prince is from Rochester, New York.
The Senators get: a third-round pick, which pretty much covers them off from the pick they used to draft him (61st overall).
Fantasy Players Impacted: Prince is a proven near point-per-game player at the AHL level and so far in the NHL he's not doing too badly as a depth player. He'll get a brief look on a scoring line with the Isles and if there's chemistry then he makes a great sleeper. If not, the team will treat him the way the Sens did – but just bringing him along slowly at about 10 minutes per game. His NHL fantasy profile is here, his fantasy prospect outlook is here.
Prince leaving Ottawa really only makes room for Clarke MacArthur, who is finally set to return from a concussion. With Islanders, for the time being, Prince replaces Mikhail Grabovski in the lineup. Unless he makes a splash, he could be a reserve player in the postseason. But he could very well make that splash, we shall see. Overall, he's probably in better shape with the Islanders, given the talented centermen there.
Fantasy Players this helps, in order:
Fantasy Players this hurts, in order:
- Top 100 Keeper League Goaltenders - June 2019
- Ramblings: Thomas surgery; Sanheim and Hunt re-sign; More draft talk - June 25
- Top 10 Players With an Inflated Shot Percentage in 2018-19
- Wild West Summer Series 2019: Chicago
- Fantasy Take: Soderberg traded to Arizona
- Eastern Edge: Potential landing spots for Duchene and Panarin
- Ramblings: Giordano and the Over-36 Crowd, Draft Helpers, & RFAs Turned UFAs (June 26)
- Fantasy Hockey Podcast: Runaround Subban