The Preds and Wild made a great trade, as Marek Zidlicky becomes a member of the Wild, while prospect Ryan Jones joins Nashville…
The Preds get: a Ciccarelli-type player who loves to plant himself in front of the net and score goals. Currently ranked 119 in the Fantasy Prospects List and fully profiled in the Fantasy Prospects Report, Jones will get a long look in training camp and could make the team and work his way up to the second line by the end of the season. His upside is 70 points.
The Wild gets: one of the better quarterbacks in the league to team up with Burns and Marc-Andre Bergeron. Zidlicky had 43 points for Nashville last year and he would probably get the same again this year. In Minny, however, his production will depend on who they sign up front this week. Right now, I don't see his point totals going higher or lower on his new team – so 43 points for now.
Fantasy Players Impacted: Does this mean that Burns moves back up to the wing? For the first time in years, the Wild now have two capable quarterbacks for the power play. Watch this situation in training camp. Jones will fit in well in the Nashville system.
- Ramblings: Seattle Hires Francis As GM, Ranking Defensemen (July 19)
- Ramblings: Oilers/Flames Trade High Salaries, Rangers Sign Trouba, Schenn, Marchessault (July 20)
- Ramblings: Bubble Keepers in Shallower Pools - Horvat, Kopitar, Voracek (July 21)
- Fantasy Take: Lucic and Neal Swapped One For One
- Frozen Tools Forensics: The Ten Worst Defensemen according to GAR
- 21 Fantasy Hockey Rambles
- Ramblings: Bubble Keeper Week - Schneider, Labanc, Kase, Couturier and tons of ‘Player X or Player Y’ Questions (July 22)
- Top 10 Keepers on the Bubble, Summer of 2019