The Preds and Wild made a great trade, as Marek Zidlicky becomes a member of the Wild, while prospect Ryan Jones joins Nashville…
The Preds get: a Ciccarelli-type player who loves to plant himself in front of the net and score goals. Currently ranked 119 in the Fantasy Prospects List and fully profiled in the Fantasy Prospects Report, Jones will get a long look in training camp and could make the team and work his way up to the second line by the end of the season. His upside is 70 points.
The Wild gets: one of the better quarterbacks in the league to team up with Burns and Marc-Andre Bergeron. Zidlicky had 43 points for Nashville last year and he would probably get the same again this year. In Minny, however, his production will depend on who they sign up front this week. Right now, I don't see his point totals going higher or lower on his new team – so 43 points for now.
Fantasy Players Impacted: Does this mean that Burns moves back up to the wing? For the first time in years, the Wild now have two capable quarterbacks for the power play. Watch this situation in training camp. Jones will fit in well in the Nashville system.
- Ramblings: Marner returns; updates on Strome, Spurgeon, and Landeskog; Fiala - December 5
- Ramblings: Landeskog Returns, Phil Finally Provides Some Thrill (Dec 6)
- Ramblings: Goalie Competition in Pittsburgh, Devil of a Time (Dec 7)
- Injury Ward: Dahlin, Backstrom, Landeskog, Fleury, Marner & Hughes
- Capped: Teams with free-agent uncertainty
- Looking Ahead: Bet on Vegas
- Frozen Tools Forensics: Cold Starts from the Defense
- Daily Fantasy Saturday: Cashing In With Cash Games