The Edmonton Oilers traded Danny Syvret to the Philadelphia Flyers for Ryan Potulny.
The Oilers get: a talented, two-way winger/center who deserves second line minutes right now. In Edmonton, he will get this.
The Flyers get: a high risk/reward power-play quarterback. Syvret is probably not going to make the team, but if he does, it will be in a year or two and it will be as the No.2 quarterback along with Braydon Coburn.
Fantasy Players Impacted: This definitely makes Raffi Torres expendable. The Oilers have a lot of skilled forwards, but not enough players who can play the wing on the second line. Problem solved. Potulny's value just got jump-started folks.
As for Syvret – the Oilers have plenty of offensive rearguards. Now he actually has a hope of cracking an NHL lineup. Will the Flyers give him a chance?
Great trade for both parties.
- Ramblings: Stewart and Compher sign; Chicago's goaltending; Ellis; Green; Teuvo - July 18
- Ramblings: Seattle Hires Francis As GM, Ranking Defensemen (July 19)
- Fantasy Poll: Which Players Will Suffer The Most From Off-Season Movement?
- Ramblings: Oilers/Flames Trade High Salaries, Rangers Sign Trouba, Schenn, Marchessault (July 20)
- Fantasy Take: Lucic and Neal Swapped One For One
- Frozen Tools Forensics: The Ten Worst Defensemen according to GAR
- Capped: Introducing cap league tools and top cap league values
- Ramblings: Bubble Keepers in Shallower Pools - Horvat, Kopitar, Voracek (July 21)