Fantasy Impact: San Jose Sharks sign winger Mikkel Boedker to a four year contract worth $16 million.
The Sharks get: the youngest of the big name players on the market. He's only 26 years old and has two 51-point seasons under his belt. Boedker is still on the upswing. He joins Coach Peter DeBoer, who was his coach back in his OHL days with the Kitchener Rangers and that certainly played a role in this signing.
Fantasy Players Impacted: Although the signing was a good one at a good price, the $4 million annual price tag will ensure that Boedker gets top-six ice time. So someone has to go. Melker Karlsson is the likely candidate, and that's assuming that Patrick Marleau has already been moved to the third line as a centerman. I think Joonas Donskoi has shown too much to get bumped. Donskoi is still on the rise while Karlsson has probably peaked. And of course this hurts the chances of a prospect making the jump, such as Timo Meir and Nikolay Goldobin.
Boedker picked a great spot at a fair rate, which is good on him. He'll be playing with some great linemates.
Fantasy Players this helps, in order:
Fantasy Players this hurts, in order:
2. Meier (scouting profile here)
3. Goldobin (scouting profile here)
- Top 10 Players Whose Fantasy Value Increases If Traded
- Ramblings: Jordan Staal Update; Coyotes Injuries; Deadline; Dahlin - February 19
- Ramblings: Skinner needs to re-sign; ZAR back with Malkin; Winnington vs. Hamburgler - and more (Feb 18)
- Ramblings: Panthers Producing, Tampa Chasing History, Binnington, Murray, & Couturier (Feb 20)
- 21 Fantasy Hockey Rambles
- Eastern Edge: Preparing for Head-To-Head Playoffs - Part 2
- Wild West: Trade Deadline 2019
- Fantasy Hockey Podcast: Kuch Coma