Fantasy Impact: The Washington Capitals have signed goaltender Justin Peters to a two-year contract worth $1.9 million.
The Capitals get: a solid backup goaltender who was just waiting for his chance. Now he gets one and it looks like he’ll be in the NHL for good. As a backup with zero aspirations to become a starter, the pressure is off Braden Holtby.
Fantasy Players Impacted: Now that we know for sure that Holtby will not have Philipp Grubauer breathing down his neck, Holtby’s starts are more assured. Look for 60 to 65 of them. As for Grubauer, he could use another season in the AHL, though he is very close to being NHL ready. It looks as though now the wait will be two years. But a lot can happen and if he’s good enough – he won’t let Peters stop him, that’s for sure.
Fantasy Players this helps, in order:
Fantasy Players this hurts, in order:
- Ramblings: Deployment is King - Boeser, Konecny, Barrie, Josi, & Duchene (Sept.18)
- Ramblings: Byfuglien's future; training camp notes; peripheral players - September 19
- Dobber's Offseason Fantasy Grades 2019: Vegas Golden Knights
- Fantasy Poll: Even-Strength Duos
- Dobber's Offseason Fantasy Grades 2019: Vancouver Canucks
- Dobber's Offseason Fantasy Grades 2019: Washington Capitals
- Dobber's Offseason Fantasy Grades 2019: Winnipeg Jets (and Final Team Rankings)
- Capped: Team by team buy and sell, part 7