Fantasy Impact: The Washington Capitals have signed goaltender Justin Peters to a two-year contract worth $1.9 million.
The Capitals get: a solid backup goaltender who was just waiting for his chance. Now he gets one and it looks like he’ll be in the NHL for good. As a backup with zero aspirations to become a starter, the pressure is off Braden Holtby.
Fantasy Players Impacted: Now that we know for sure that Holtby will not have Philipp Grubauer breathing down his neck, Holtby’s starts are more assured. Look for 60 to 65 of them. As for Grubauer, he could use another season in the AHL, though he is very close to being NHL ready. It looks as though now the wait will be two years. But a lot can happen and if he’s good enough – he won’t let Peters stop him, that’s for sure.
Fantasy Players this helps, in order:
Fantasy Players this hurts, in order:
- Ramblings: Thoughts on Murray, Jones, Marner, Byfuglien, Ehlers, some post-mortems and more (Apr 22)
- Top 10 Bounce-Back Candidates...That Didn't (2018-19)
- Ramblings: Power of the Schwartz, Jets’ Season Crashes (Apr 21)
- 21 Fantasy Hockey Rambles
- Wild West: Top Western Conference Left Wings 2018-19
- Geek of the Week: An Ad-Nazem Review
- Ramblings: Jets and Flames Post-Knockout; Keller; Playoff Hockey - April 23
- Fantasy Hockey Podcast: In The Midnight Grubauer