Fantasy Impact: The Washington Capitals have signed goaltender Justin Peters to a two-year contract worth $1.9 million.
The Capitals get: a solid backup goaltender who was just waiting for his chance. Now he gets one and it looks like he’ll be in the NHL for good. As a backup with zero aspirations to become a starter, the pressure is off Braden Holtby.
Fantasy Players Impacted: Now that we know for sure that Holtby will not have Philipp Grubauer breathing down his neck, Holtby’s starts are more assured. Look for 60 to 65 of them. As for Grubauer, he could use another season in the AHL, though he is very close to being NHL ready. It looks as though now the wait will be two years. But a lot can happen and if he’s good enough – he won’t let Peters stop him, that’s for sure.
Fantasy Players this helps, in order:
Fantasy Players this hurts, in order:
- Ramblings: Seattle Hires Francis As GM, Ranking Defensemen (July 19)
- Ramblings: Oilers/Flames Trade High Salaries, Rangers Sign Trouba, Schenn, Marchessault (July 20)
- Ramblings: Bubble Keepers in Shallower Pools - Horvat, Kopitar, Voracek (July 21)
- Fantasy Take: Lucic and Neal Swapped One For One
- Frozen Tools Forensics: The Ten Worst Defensemen according to GAR
- 21 Fantasy Hockey Rambles
- Capped: Introducing cap league tools and top cap league values
- Ramblings: Bubble Keeper Week - Schneider, Labanc, Kase, Couturier and tons of ‘Player X or Player Y’ Questions (July 22)