The gang weighs in on the 2011-12 season, and if it’s anything like our postseason success (as a consensus, the panel is 54-21 in five postseasons), you can take these picks to the bank.
You can see the full breakdown via the link at the bottom.
Eastern Conference – as a group, we take the Capitals to win the East, with Pittsburgh and Boston showing up in the Top 3 of most ballots and Buffalo making its fair share of appearances as well. Oddball pick of the panel goes to Matthew Bugg for deciding that New Jersey will win their division.
Western Conference – as a group, we take the Canucks to win the West, with Vancouver hitting every ballot. Detroit, Los Angeles and Chicago also make appearances. The oddball picks in this one go to Matthew Bugg, Marty Kwiaton and Ryan Ma – not sure which one is more off-the-wall: Bugg putting Calgary in a playoff spot, or Kwiaton/Ma putting Colorado in one.
For the Cup Final, we crown Pittsburgh as king, but this one was actually more of a mixed bag. Washington, Rangers (not a typo), Boston, San Jose, Vancouver (guess who picked them) and Philadelphia all got nods from different panellists.
For the player awards, Evgeni Malkin saw a lot of love – and he takes two of the preseason awards (Hart and Art Ross). Alex Ovechkin, Steven Stamkos also saw lots of love. Gabriel Landeskog took the most votes for the Calder and the Norris went to Nicklas Lidstrom. The panel likes Henrik Lundqvist to take home the Vezina.
You can check out the full Adobe charts right here (pdf).
- Top 100 Keeper League Goaltenders - August 2019
- Ramblings: The Lowdown on Provorov, Parayko, Nylander, Virtanen, six other players of fantasy interest, plus the Kuznetsov fallout (Aug 24)
- Ramblings: Brassard with the Islanders; Eriksson Ek extended; draft analysis
- Ramblings: Nap Time is Over. It's Time to Wake the Sleepers (August 25)
- Frozen Tools Forensics: Impending contract years, part 2
- The Journey: CHL Teams to Watch in 2019-20
- Fantasy Hockey Podcast: NHL Audio Almanac and projections preview: Carolina Hurricanes
- Geek of the Week: Time to Draw A Laine in the Sand?