It turns out that Drury played with a broken hand. We'll let him off the hook for the trend I pointed out below.
TSN is reporting that Mike Richards will undergo surgery tomorrow to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder. He will be sidelined 10-12 weeks. There are also hints that he may need the same thing done on his left shoulder. It's a little worrisome for Richards owners, as there are always questions as to whether these problems will linger.
So far, Simeon Varlamov has stopped 152 of 160 shots (0.952 SP) and has a 1.17 GAA. Not a bad playoff debut.
Michael Nylander was a healthy scratch for the last five games.
Chris Clark played his first game since Jan. 27 did not record a shot on goal, had three hits and played 8:13.
Colorado prospect Per Ledin has signed a six-year deal with HV71 in the SEL, giving up his quest to make the NHL. Thanks to fzusher in the forum for the link.
Gary Bettman is probably running back and forth across his mansion, a big smile on his face. Four to seven games of Sidney Crosby versus Alex Ovechkin.
With the Rangers out of the playoffs, we can take away the following:
– Drury is not the playoff stud that he was in his 20s. He has seven points and is a minus-2 in his last 16 postseason games. Before that, he had 73 in 95 and was a plus-24 (not counting his rookie year)
– Dan Girardi had seven points in his last 65 regular season and playoff games.
– Nik Zherdev was quite the playoff bust, going pointless and a minus-3. Is anyone surprised?
With the Devils out of the playoffs, we can take away the following:
– Paul Martin will have a strong season next year. After 21 points in 32 games, he had four in seven playoff games. You may see 50 points next year.
– Travis Zajac gets scared to shoot. He averages about two shots per regular season game in his career, but fewer than 1.5 shots per game in the playoffs.
– Once Paul Martin emerged, Johnny Oduya stopped teasing with his offensive potential. I don't think he'll ever grow beyond a 30- or 35-point rearguard.
In his first playoff game, Anisimov played just 5:35 last night.
Aaron Voros played just three minutes. I think he's become a fringe NHLer and if you are looking for a Sean Avery clone in your draft in September, look elsewhere.
- Top 10 Buy-Low Candidates - Fall, 2019
- Ramblings: The 10 Biggest Worries (Of My Projections)…and The 10 Guide Projections I’m Not Budging (Oct 14)
- 21 Fantasy Hockey Rambles
- Ramblings: Demko's cage; Philly's second line; Hjalmarsson and Hischier injured; recaps - October 15
- Top 300 Keeper League Skaters - October 2019
- Geek of the Week: Can Kevin Labanc Be A Breakout Star?
- Wild West: Early Hot Streaks (2019)
- Fantasy Hockey Podcast: Martin Jones, Martin Jones, Wake Up Now