Part of the fallout from yesterday's huge contracts is, of course, the demands from agents of free agents from all across the league. Mathieu Schneider is now looking for Kimmo Timonen money, which is probably out of the Detroit cap range so look for Schneids to go elsewhere.
As rumored/expected, the Bruins have hired Claude Julien to be their new coach. I don't think it opens up the offense a whole lot compared to Dave Lewis.
The Bruins also signed Brandon Bochenski to a one-year contract. It is a $600,000 contract – and it's one-way. That's key.
The Calgary Flames signed Brent Krahn, Warren Peters and Carsen Germyn to deals, likely two-way.
The NY Islanders have signed Sean Bergenheim to a one-year contract. He is a player to watch, but he is very streaky so don't be fooled by a hot start.
Jason King will remain in Europe. He played last year in Sweden and now he will be playing in Switzerland as he just signed a contract there.
Tampa Bay goalie Vasily Koshechkin, has signed a contract with Ak Bars Kazan. Obviously, the Lightning failed in their attempts to woo him over here. Remove him from your dark horse list.
Joni Pitkanen will be taken to arbitration by the Flyers, eliminating the possibility of a holdout.
- Ramblings: Seattle Hires Francis As GM, Ranking Defensemen (July 19)
- Ramblings: Oilers/Flames Trade High Salaries, Rangers Sign Trouba, Schenn, Marchessault (July 20)
- Ramblings: Bubble Keepers in Shallower Pools - Horvat, Kopitar, Voracek (July 21)
- Fantasy Take: Lucic and Neal Swapped One For One
- Frozen Tools Forensics: The Ten Worst Defensemen according to GAR
- 21 Fantasy Hockey Rambles
- Ramblings: Bubble Keeper Week - Schneider, Labanc, Kase, Couturier and tons of ‘Player X or Player Y’ Questions (July 22)
- Top 10 Keepers on the Bubble, Summer of 2019