Matt Bugg is in Columbus. Check out Bugg's Blog in our forum for up to the minute updates on all the latest rumblings out of Ohio…
They did it, and man did he let them off easy. Giggy actually signed a four-year deal with Anaheim for $24 million, when he could have done a little better on the open market. This will make Bryzgalov available for trade. Possibly at the draft?
Another six-year deal (has the NHL gone insane? Yes, they did several years ago, but I digress). This time it's Nathan Horton who has been locked up.
The Lightning have signed Shane O'Brien to a two-year deal.
There is a report that Craig Rivet has signed with San Jose for an obscene amount of money. Stay tuned…
Ray Emery will undergo surgery on his wrist and will be out of action until the middle or end of training camp.
The king of the trade rumor, Bruce Garrioch, is at it again. This time it is Brad Richards to either Philadelphia, Chicago, or Phoenix for a top three draft pick. That would clear salary space for a top goaltender, which the team desperately needs.
As expected, the Pens will not make offers to UFA's Nils Ekman, Ronald Petrovicky, Eric Cairns and Joel Kwiatkowski.
Finally! DobberHockey has cracked the top 150,000 websites in the world on Alexa.com in terms of traffic and the top 3000 amongst Canadians.
Word out of Minnesota is that Petteri Numellin suffered a significant knee injury at the World Championships. He should be healthy for training camp, however it could be one of those nagging injuries.
Calgary has re-signed David Moss to a one-year contract. It's a one-way deal.
Detroit will not offer Robert Lang a new contract, as expected.
Goaltender Sebastien Caron has signed to play in Switzerland next season. He couldn't catch on as backup in the NHL.
Lubomir Sekeras will remain in Europe, as he signed a deal to play in the Czech League next season.
- Ramblings: Marner returns; updates on Strome, Spurgeon, and Landeskog; Fiala - December 5
- Ramblings: Landeskog Returns, Phil Finally Provides Some Thrill (Dec 6)
- Ramblings: Goalie Competition in Pittsburgh, Devil of a Time (Dec 7)
- Injury Ward: Dahlin, Backstrom, Landeskog, Fleury, Marner & Hughes
- Capped: Teams with free-agent uncertainty
- Looking Ahead: Bet on Vegas
- Frozen Tools Forensics: Cold Starts from the Defense
- Daily Fantasy Saturday: Cashing In With Cash Games