The St. Louis Blues have signed center Tyler Bozak to a three-year contract worth $5 million per season.
The Blues get: a player who is an elite third-line center, a decent second-line center or a weak first-line center. Bozak is a go-to guy on the faceoffs and he can contribute to both special teams. The 32-year-old just signed with the best team in terms of needing a scoring-line center and this situation is probably the best one for him in terms of potential production (i.e. fantasy value).
Sammy Blais Dmitrij Jaskin
The key here is Bozak. On the Leafs he was a third-line center with limited PP time available and that held him to 43 points one year after getting 55. He has tallied 47 points or more in four of the last six non-lockout seasons. Any combination of Tarasenko, Schwartz, Perron or Fabbri on his wing will be tremendous and should see him get back up above the 50-point mark. This is likely a short-term scenario as prospect Thomas could take over the second-line center role by the third year of this Bozak deal, knocking Bozak back down to the third line the way he was in Toronto. But by then he will be 35, so he was likely headed that way regardless.
Fantasy Players this helps, in order:
1. Tyler Bozak
Fantasy Players this hurts, in order:
3. Robert Thomas
- Ramblings: Surprises, Disappointments, & Everything In-Between (Dec. 4)
- Ramblings: Marner returns; updates on Strome, Spurgeon, and Landeskog; Fiala - December 5
- Fantasy Take: John Hynes fired as coach of Devils
- Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: J.T. Miller, Anze Kopitar, & Brady Tkachuk
- Injury Ward: Dahlin, Backstrom, Landeskog, Fleury, Marner & Hughes
- Capped: Teams with free-agent uncertainty
- Eastern Edge: Storylines from around the East
- Ramblings: Landeskog Returns, Phil Finally Provides Some Thrill (Dec 6)