How to Start a Keeper League – Version #7
J Status’ keeper league, the HHKL, features up to three drafts every year and a cascading keeper protection system that makes it a challenge to stay on top for long. If you like drafting and a league that encourages trades, this is the one for you.
J Status’ HHKL Features Summary:
1. Yahoo H2H, 14 teamer with off-season proboards site for drafting/trading/discussion
2. Unlimited trades but moves limit to discourage streaming
3. Deep 25 man rosters (+3 IR) and very deep 17 keeper system (+3 IR)
4. May keep any players in IR slots in addition to 17 keepers
5. Keep max three goalies on big club. No limit on farm
6. Up to three serpentine drafts each season: Regular, Depravity and sometimes Dynasty
7. Champion for two straight years or top three for three years will lose six players in Dynasty Draft
8. Draft lottery and cascading protection system for drafts
9. 10-player farms
10. Four posted vetoes negate trade. Teams involved in trade may not vote
Basic Rules and Settings
League Name: Hockey Heaven Keeper League III
Draft Type: Offline Draft (message board)
Max Teams: 14
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Max Moves: 80
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 1
Trade End Date: March 6, 2008
Waiver Time: 1 day
Can’t Cut List Provider: None
Trade Review: Commish (Posted Vetoes)
Post Draft Players: Free Agents
Min Games Played: 3
Weekly Deadline: Daily – Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Roster Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, W, F, F, D, D, D, Util, Util, Util, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR, IR
Stat Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, SH%, W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
1. Daily add/drop player rotation is highly discouraged and will not be tolerated. This is the reason for the 80 move limit.
2. Playoff moves will be limited to 3 moves per week during playoffs (email request if you have a large numbers of injuries). This too is to prevent player rotation.
3. All trades, Add/Drop, and roster management must be done for the good of your team.
1. Each year we will be keeping as many players as we have roster positions. There are 17 roster positions.
2. No requirements on positions. (Example: If you choose to keep 17 centers, you may… although you would lose.)
3. Players on IR and in minors will also be kept from year to year.
4. IR Players need only be in the IR slot to be eligible (they do not actually have to still be on the IR in real life).
5. ALL TEAMS MAY ONLY KEEP a MAXIMUM OF 3 NON-FARM GOALIES. You may keep as many as you like on the farm.
6. Keeper Rosters and Minors must be posted on the HHKL Message Board and the Yahoo League page by the last day of the regular fantasy season.
7. Playoff call-ups and drops. Once the regular fantasy season ends, keeper and minors rosters are set for next year. Any drops or call-ups you make will not change your rosters you already submitted for next year. So drop your best player if he gets hurt during the playoffs… he will still be on your keeper list next year. Call up your best prospect for the playoff chase… he will still be on the farm starting next year.
1. All trade vetoing must be posted.
2. 4 posted vetoes negate a trade.
3. Those involved in the trade may not veto their own trade.
4. All farm transactions are in