The Lightning have signed Mitch Fadden to an entry level deal. Fadden is ranked 109 on my prospects list – his upside is high, but he is several years away. He is also profiled extensively in the Fantasy Prospects Report.
According to the Tennessean, Nashville GM David Poile had several meetings with Alexander Radulov. Poile believes that Rads wants to return to the NHL, but is reluctant to make the firm decision. Poile will give him six weeks to decide. Apparently, Radulov has been paying close attention to everything that the Preds – and their farm team the Admirals – have been doing over the past few months. Doesn't sound like a player who is done with the NHL, does it?
Former NHLer Jason King has signed with another team in Germany for next season.
Promising St. Louis prospect Simon Hjalmarsson, ranked 175 on my prospects list, has apparently signed to play next season with Rogle BK of the SEL. He is profiled extensively in the Fantasy Prospects Report.
Milan Kraft – remember him? – has signed to remain the KHL next season, in case you felt he had thoughts of giving the NHL another shot.
Former great goalie prospect and mediocre NHLer Jamie Storr has retired from hockey.
With the Capitals out of the playoffs, here is what we can take from it as fantasy owners:
– Ovechkin is a stud (did anybody doubt that?)
– Backstrom and Semin did what was expected
– Green was so horrible that he was definitely playing hurt. More on that below.
– Kozlov was amazing one game, so it's a wonder he was invisible the rest of them. Fleischmann same thing – except he was good for two games.
– Nylander is done. On any team.
– At 23, Fehr should be better than this. Low expectations for next year.
– Varlamov is awesome. Don't be shocked at 40 wins next campaign.
Tarik El-Bashir says that Mike Green played with a bum shoulder, hurt in Anaheim. Tom Poti broke his foot in Game 1, which explains his disappearance after an awesome start. Ovechkin was battling a groin injury. Semin was also hurt, but that is not yet disclosed.
Sergei Gonchar was in the lineup last night, playing 15 minutes – five of which were on the power play.
The Habs signed PK Subban and Andre Benoit to entry level deals. Benoit had a couple of strong years in Europe