We did a Deep Analysis of Jeff Angus' team, The Crosby Show, before last season and we're back again to give him another edge. Check all of our fantasy hockey tools out over at the HockeyPoolGeek.
(Editors note: considering my entire league will be reading this, not sure how much of an edge I actually get!)
Team Name: The Crosby Show
League Name: Ultimate Fantasy Hockey Pool
GM: Jeff Angus
Date of Analysis: September 2011
Format: 12 teams, head-to-head, no maximum games played, three minimum games played per week.
Rosters: 23 player main rosters (start 3 c, 3 lw, 3 rw, 6 d, 2 g, bench of 6), 8 on the farm (200gp or less for skaters at nhl level, 100gp or less for goalies)
Scoring categories: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, FOW, GS, W, SV, L, GAA, SA, SV%, SO
Number of keepers: 17, all 8 farm positions
Season add/drop limit: 40
Trade deadline: 6 weeks before end of NHL regular season
Team Assets at Time of Deep Analysis:
Roster: The Crosby Show
C – Crosby, Hanzal, Ott, Lecavalier
LW – Sharp (C/LW), Leino, Booth, Bouchard (LW/RW), Ladd
RW – Little (RW/C), Franzen (LW/RW), Gaborik, Eriksson (LW/RW)
D – Chara, Edler, Boyle, Giordano, Montador, White, Timonen
G – Luongo, Roloson, Schneider
Farm – Karlsson, Ekman-Larsson, Brendan Smith, Yemelin, David Savard, Jeremy Morin, Matt Calvert, Zac Dalpe
Background and Environment:
After we did our Deep Analysis last year, Angus has been busy. His trades (with his comments in italics) are below:
- Traded away Shattenkirk, Stamkos and Lehtonen for Brodeur, Chara, Liles last September. Ouch. Chara is a stud with our cats and was counting on Marty return to glory, so I would own goalie stats. Stamkos was redundant or so I thought with my strength up the middle
- Traded away Ehrhoff and P Bergeron for Lecavalier, Raymond last October. Wanted Vinny, Ehrhoff was more valuable last season, though.
- Traded Justin Williams for Steve Ott back in June. Love Ott with our categories
- Traded David Rundblad for Ville Leino and Zac Dalpe's draft pick. Leino may play C and as a LW getting FOW is a huge plus. Not a huge fan of him, though. This trade may hurt. Have tons of young d-men so Rundblad was trading from position of strength.
- Traded Brodeur, Liles for Loui Eriksson. Cutting my losses, unless Marty bounces back? Eriksson loses a bit of value with this but he is steady for other cats, young, and healthy.