Looking ahead at the best matchups for Week Four.
We hit the 100th game of the season last night and we have the following headlines that continue to baffle many:
- Tomas Hertl leads the NHL in goals
- Matt Cooke leads the Wild in scoring
- Brayden Schenn leads the Flyers in scoring
- The top ten save percentage leaders include names like: Al Montoya, Jean-Sebastien Giguere, Peter Budaj, Thomas Greiss, Jonas Gustavsson, Carter Hutton and Robin Lehner
- Goalies with save percentages under .900: Braden Holtby, Martin Brodeur, Tim Thomas, Devan Dubnyk and Niklas Backstrom
Here are a couple teams to target and avoid for the next week or two as well as several players to target that may be available in your league.
Winnipeg Jets = Target
Games: 7 (3H/4A)
- vs. Nashville – The Preds are in the bottom half of the league in goals against per game and are in the bottom third for the PK. It won't last but Pekka Rinne has a .901 SV% and 2.73 GAA.
- vs. Washington – Washington is allowing almost three and a half goals against per game. Braden Holtby is sporting a .899 SV% and 3.28 GAA while Michael Neuvirth isn't doing any better with a .893 SV% and 3.30 GAA.
- @ Nashville – See above.
- @ Dallas – 11 goals against in the past three games and Dan Ellis is their starting goaltender while Kari Lehtonen is out.
The Jets have seven games in 12 days as they are looking to crawl up in the standings. They are one of three teams to play seven games over the next two weeks. Hopefully Evander Kane can come back from his leg injury and continue his nearly five shots on goal per game. I would expect by the end of October, Dustin B