Fantasy Hockey Podcast: 31 Beats – New Jersey Devils ft. Corey Masisak
In the Keeping Karlsson Fantasy Hockey Podcast’s 31 Beats series, Elan and Brian are on a league-wide odyssey to explore the fantasy present and future landscapes of each of the NHL’s 31 teams, gathering info by interviewing the people who know them best: beat writers!
In this episode Elan is joined by The Athletic’s Corey Masisak to talk about the New Jersey Devils’ disappointing 2019/20 season and some reasons to think things could be a lot better next year. Topics discussed include:
- What caused the turnaround after Hall was traded?
- Will Gusev build on his strong last few months?
- Can Bratt put together a full consistent season?
- Will Hischier have a 4th year breakout?
- Should expectations be lowered for Hughes after a weak rookie season?
- Any reason not to expect Palmieri to continue pacing for 54-58 points like he does every year?
- What went wrong with Subban?
- Who’s the frontrunner to QB PP1 next season?
- Also who’s the frontrunner to coach the team next season?
- Is Blackwood now the ingrained #1 goalie? And is the plan for Schneider to hang in as backup?
- and more!
Players discussed on this episode include Nico Hischier, Jack Hughes, Kyle Palmieri, Nikita Gusev, Jesper Bratt, Taylor Hall, P.K. Subban, Damon Severson, Will Butcher, Ty Smith, Mackenzie Blackwood, Cory Schneider, and more.
We always invite and appreciate your feedback. Let us know what you think @keepingkarlsson.
* * *
Even better, support us by becoming a patron of Keeping Karlsson! Until the season resumes, we’re offering all patron perks for just $1/month. Patrons support future episodes of the show and get access to our secret Patrons-only Facebook group, bonus monthly
ask-us-anything episodes, and invites to play in the famous Keeping Karlsson Ultimate Patron Fantasy League (aka the KKUPFL).
No data at this moment.