We don't get no bye weeks over here– even though everyone else is kicking back, we're at it again for another new episode of the Keeping Karlsson Fantasy Hockey Podcast! If you thought there was no NHL news, notes and analysis to discuss during the All-Star break that could help you get an edge for your fantasy team.. you know us better than that.
Elan and Brian begin the week by considering the possibility that regression– gasp!– just ain't gonna come to a player who has successfully avoided it for 45-50 games, and that morphs into talk of the Gambler's Fallacy and coin-flipping and the colors of roulette wheels.
From there, they review where goalie loyalties might lie in Montreal, Nashville, Colorado and Washington, dig into some sad slumpers in Nashville and Winnipeg, herald some happy hotties in Calgary, Carolina, San Jose, Los Angeles and New York, discuss how Timo Meier can make history, and also share some names of players who were great not so long ago, but then blew it last year, but now are back to doing their thing in 2018-19.
Players discussed on this episode include Carey Price, Philip Danault, P.K. Subban, Ryan Ellis, Ryan Johansen, Pekka Rinne, Juuse Saros, Semyon Varlamov, Philipp Grubauer, Carl Soderberg, Braden Holtby, Pheonix Copley, Jaccob Slavin, Noah Hanifin, Nino Niederreiter, Frank Vatrano, Roberto Luongo, Auston Matthews, T.J. Brodie, William Nylander, Nazem Kadri, Jake Gardiner, Patrik Laine, Bryan Little, Ryan Getzlaf, Ondrej Kase, Corey Perry, Timo Meier, Evander Kane, Ilya Kovalchuk, Joe Thornton, Jeff Carter, Alex Tuch, Paul Stastny, Max Pacioretty, Brandon Pirri, Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Alex Goligoski, Jakob Chychrun, Patrick Kane, Zach Parise, Mark Giordano, Dylan Strome, Erik Gustafsson, Mats Zuccarello, Evan Rodrigues, Mike Green, Niklas Kronwall, Filip Hronek, Herb Cain and more.
* * *
Even better, support us by becoming a patron of Keeping Karlsson! Patrons support future episodes of the show and get all kinds of perks in return, like an invite to the Keeping Karlsson Ultimate Patron Fantasy League (aka the KKUPFL), monthly Patroncasts, access to the secret patrons-only Facebook group, and weekly show scripts.
Thanks for listening!
- Top 50 Fantasy Prospect Defensemen - April 2019
- Ramblings: Texier, Pacioretty, Jones & It's Looking a Little Dusty In Here, Someone Grab The Broom
- Ramblings: Svechnikov Injured; Kadri and Thornton Suspended; Looking Back - April 16
- Ramblings: Carolina Updates; McLellan in Los Angeles; Pominville; Devon Toews - April 18
- Tournament: Players Who Would Thrive With Improved Deployment
- Fantasy Take: Los Angeles Kings Hire Todd McLellan as Head Coach
- Eastern Edge: Production and Expected Production from Atlantic Right Wingers
- Capped: Reviewing Hits and Misses from this Season - Part 1