Fantasy Impact: The Anaheim Ducks have acquired sniper Brandon Pirri from the Florida Panthers for a sixth-round draft pick in 2016.
The Ducks get: a 22-goal scorer (last year). Pirri has 46 goals in his last 150 games.
Fantasy Players Impacted: With Florida, Pirri would have been in a battle for ice time and power-play time once he returns from injury (ankle). But Anaheim has had a conveyor belt of players trying out for key spots on a scoring line. We know that Ryan Getzlaf, Corey Perry, Ryan Kesler and Jakob Silfverberg are in the top six. Rickard Rakell has had tremendous success playing with Perry, and David Perron has been clicking with Getzlaf. But the Ducks are trying to spread the talent out among three lines. Mike Santorelli, Patrick Maroon and Chris Stewart have not been cutting it. Rookie Nick Ritchie has shown promise, but he's not there yet either. Pirri gives them another option. You try different things and hope that chemistry is formed. High risk/reward for Pirri.
Fantasy Players this helps, in order:
Fantasy Players this hurts, in order:
- Top 100 Keeper League Goaltenders - August 2019
- Ramblings: The Lowdown on Provorov, Parayko, Nylander, Virtanen, six other players of fantasy interest, plus the Kuznetsov fallout (Aug 24)
- Ramblings: Brassard with the Islanders; Eriksson Ek extended; draft analysis
- Ramblings: Colin White signs long-term; Jaskin to the KHL; positional battles - August 22
- Capped: Team by team buy and sell, part 3
- Frozen Tools Forensics: Impending contract years, part 2
- Fantasy Hockey Podcast: NHL Audio Almanac and projections preview: Carolina Hurricanes
- The Journey: CHL Teams to Watch in 2019-20