The fantasy impact of Benoit Pouliot signing with the Oilers
Fantasy Impact: The Edmonton Oilers have signed Benoit Pouliot to a five-year deal, per TSN.
The Oilers get: A player who had a nice stretch in the playoffs this spring on the New York Rangers’ run to the Cup. He and Derick Brassard really clicked. Pouliot could be a 20-goal in Edmonton if he lands on the right line.
Fantasy players impacted:
Brassard is going to suffer somewhat because of this, as the two really built chemistry. He’s now going to have to adapt to a different player and find someone else that can finish off his passes.
This also hurts some wingers on the Oilers like Nail Yakupov and Teddy Purcell, who are now going to be challenged for top-six minutes by Pouliot. They could very well beat him out, but it’s no sure thing that both are in the top six with regularity next season.
This helps Pouliot a lot as he goes to a forward group with tons of young talent with Edmonton. If he ends up with Ryan Nugent-Hopkins let’s say, then he’s got a chance at 25 goals. With that kind of money, he will be given more ice time and PP time than he’s ever received at the NHL level.
Fantasy players this helps, in order:
Fantasy players this hurts, in order:
- Top 100 Keeper League Goalies - May 2019
- Ramblings: Mantha's Projected Breakout, Binnington's Pay Cheque, & Cole Caufield Earning Every Inch (May 23)
- Player Development and the 80/20 Rule
- Ramblings: D.J. Smith Hired in Ottawa; Larkin Injury Update; Nelson Contract; Meier and Labanc - May 24
- Capped: On the Comeback Trail from Injury-plagued 2018-19
- Fantasy Take - Ottawa Hires D.J. Smith as Head Coach
- Frozen Tools Forensics: Pending Restricted Free Agents - Part 1
- DobberHockey Experts Panel – NHL Playoffs 2019 – Stanley Cup Final