The Sabres have sent Brian Cambell to the San Jose Sharks for Steve Bernier and a first round pick.
The Sharks get: that puck-moving defenseman that every team needs. Carle is not ready, Ozolinsh is not defensive enough and Ehrhoff is not talented enough. Campbell instantly gives them a 50-point guy on the back end.
The Sabres get: a solid second line forward and a great draft pick.
Fantasy Players Impacted: Campbell is having a breakout year, so I don't see his numbers improving. Carle will see more healthy scratches and Ozolinsh may never see the San Jose ice again. Buffalo will now rely more on Nathan Paetsch, unless they can replace Cambell, so Paetsch may be a good play here. Bernier gets out of the stifling defensive system and into an offensive system. Bernier's value goes way up. His absense will also bring up Devin Setoguchi again, and open up more ice time for Joe Pavelski until Ryane Clowe returns.
A full discussion of the Brian Campbell trade can be found here .
- Top 10 Buy-Low Candidates - Fall, 2019
- 21 Fantasy Hockey Rambles
- Ramblings: The 10 Biggest Worries (Of My Projections)…and The 10 Guide Projections I’m Not Budging (Oct 14)
- Ramblings: Demko's cage; Philly's second line; Hjalmarsson and Hischier injured; recaps - October 15
- Top 300 Keeper League Skaters - October 2019
- Geek of the Week: Can Kevin Labanc Be A Breakout Star?
- Wild West: Early Hot Streaks (2019)
- Fantasy Hockey Podcast: Martin Jones, Martin Jones, Wake Up Now