Fantasy Impact: James Neal has been traded to Nashville for Patrice Hornqvist and Nick Spaling.
The Penguins get: The next James Neal? Hornqvist is a 30-goal, 55-point guy but on Evgeni Malkin’s line he’s 40-plus and 70-plus. His fantasy value is through the roof. Spaling is a versatile third-liner who can play any forward position and post 40 points in the right circumstances.
The Predators get: A big-name scorer who plays physical and could be a big enough name to lure a free agent (Paul Stastny) or a player via trade (Jason Spezza).
Fantasy Players Impacted: Neal’s owners are cringing, as they should. But it won’t be as bad as you think. Peter Laviollette is the coach now, and I suspect that the team will land a top center. Still – he won’t be Malkin, so you can top Neal out at 70 points now.
Hornqvist jumps in value more than any player I remember jumping in value because of a trade. Maybe since Neal was traded to Pittsburgh?
If the Preds don’t land a center, which they will, but if they don’t – then Mike Fisher’s value moves upward. Other scoring forwards such as Craig Smith, this deal will help.
Fantasy Players this helps, in order:
still some gap
3. Smith/Colin Wilson
4. Filip Forsberg
Fantasy Players this hurts, in order:
- Top 100 Roto Rankings – July 2019
- Ramblings: Rookie Projections & A Minor Trade (July 17)
- Ramblings: Stewart and Compher sign; Chicago's goaltending; Ellis; Green; Teuvo - July 18
- Ramblings: Burakovsky, Heinola, Cozens sign; East odds; Ovi; Barrie - July 16
- Fantasy Poll: Which Players Will Suffer The Most From Off-Season Movement?
- Eastern Edge: Players coming off career years
- Wild West Summer Series 2019: Edmonton
- Capped: Introducing cap league tools and top cap league values