Fantasy Impact: The Buffalo Sabres have signed winger Matt Moulson to a five-year deal worth $25 million (with NTC).
The Sabres get: well…they know exactly what they’re getting because Moulson played for them for 44 games (29 points) before being traded at the deadline. While the contract they gave him is fairly close to the one they gave Ville Leino – at least with Moulson they know they’re getting 82 games and they know how his production translates from Tavares-linemate to Tyler Ennis-linemate (see Frozen Pool – which is now completely free – for a breakdown).
Fantasy Players Impacted: As much as Moulson is not the 65- or 70-point player he was becoming with the Islanders, he can still be a steady 30-goal, 55-point player with Buffalo. But that’s about where he tops out. It’s easier to say 25 goals and 50 points. But a lot depends on how much this team grows. This will knock Marcus Foligno back down the depth chart and it could also have a negative impact on Chris Stewart. But it helps Tyler Ennis, getting his old linemate back.
Fantasy Players this helps, in order:
Fantasy Players this hurts, in order:
- Ramblings: Thoughts on Dahlin, Bailey, Montembeault, Quality Starts, more goalie talk and more (Mar 18)
- Ramblings: Crawford Up, Leafs’ Goaltending Down, Kane Returns (March 17)
- Top 10 playoff waiver wire additions 2018-19
- 21 Fantasy Hockey Rambles
- The Journey: Fastest Rising Prospect Forwards - March 2019
- Wild West: More Fantasy Playoff Prep 2018-19
- Ramblings: Update on Pastrnak and de Haan; Silfverberg; Toews; Trocheck - March 19
- Fantasy Hockey Podcast: Montembeault Diddly