Fantasy Impact: The Buffalo Sabres have signed winger Matt Moulson to a five-year deal worth $25 million (with NTC).
The Sabres get: well…they know exactly what they’re getting because Moulson played for them for 44 games (29 points) before being traded at the deadline. While the contract they gave him is fairly close to the one they gave Ville Leino – at least with Moulson they know they’re getting 82 games and they know how his production translates from Tavares-linemate to Tyler Ennis-linemate (see Frozen Pool – which is now completely free – for a breakdown).
Fantasy Players Impacted: As much as Moulson is not the 65- or 70-point player he was becoming with the Islanders, he can still be a steady 30-goal, 55-point player with Buffalo. But that’s about where he tops out. It’s easier to say 25 goals and 50 points. But a lot depends on how much this team grows. This will knock Marcus Foligno back down the depth chart and it could also have a negative impact on Chris Stewart. But it helps Tyler Ennis, getting his old linemate back.
Fantasy Players this helps, in order:
Fantasy Players this hurts, in order:
- Top 10 Players With a ‘Zero’ Stat
- Ramblings: Thoughts on Dach, Gustafsson, Glass, and Some Short-Term Roster Adds (Nov 18)
- Ramblings: Schneider waived; Drouin and Byron injured; Frost called up; Svechnikov - November 19
- 21 Fantasy Hockey Rambles
- West: Goals vs. Expectation Pt.2 (Benn, Ritchie, Marchessault)
- Lining Up: Streaking lines over their last 10 games
- Eastern Edge: Struggling and thriving players over the last month
- Fantasy Hockey Podcast: Clap Your Hands Shea Yeah