Here are some teams to target and avoid for the next week or two, several players to target that may be available in your league as well as teams that play a light schedule.
Anaheim Ducks = Target
Games: 6 (3H/3A)
- @ Buffalo – Allowing nearly 36 shots against per game. In the bottom third of the league in GA/G. Nine goals against in the last three games. Just not a good team.
- vs. Phoenix – Bottom five in terms of shots allowed per game. In the bottom third of league in GA/G. 16 goals against in the last four games. Traditionally a good defensive team, but are vulnerable to let a few go by right now.
- vs. Buffalo – See above.
- @ Florida – Third worst team in GA/G. Seventh worst PK in the league. Eight goals against in the last three games.
The Ducks upcoming schedule consists of a game every other night starting Saturday. Vancouver is their only upcoming opponent who is currently not in the bottom third of the league in defense. Anaheim is averaging over three goals for per game. The extra juicy matchups are the two against Buffalo and the trip to Florida.
Florida Panthers = Consider
Games: 7 (3H/4A)
- @ Washington – Fourth worst at GA/G and SA/G in the league. 13 goals against in the past four games.
- vs. Edmonton – Worst defensive team in hockey. 76.0% on the penalty kill. 17 goals against in the past five games.
- @ Ottawa – Allowing the most shots against per game in the NHL. Averaging over three goals against per game. Coming off a 5-2 loss to San Jose and 6-5 loss to Chicago.
The Panthers play seven games between November 1st and November 12th