In the Keeping Karlsson Fantasy Hockey Podcast’s 31 Beats series, Elan and Brian are on a league-wide odyssey to explore the fantasy present and future landscapes of each of the NHL’s 31 teams, gathering info by interviewing the people who know them best: beat writers!
In this episode Elan is joined by the Editor-in-Chief of The Athletic Montréal and Athlétique Montréal Arpon Basu to talk about the Montreal Canadiens’ rocky 2019/20 season and what to expect moving forward. Topics discussed include:
- What caused the Habs to fall off after a strong start?
- How ingrained is the top line of Danault/Tatar/Gallagher?
- Is Tatar really a 70+ point player now?
- Does Max Domi have a future in Montreal if he wants to play center?
- Has Drouin turned over a new leaf?
- How excited should we be about Suzuki?
- When will Kotkaniemi get a crack at the top 6?
- Could Caufield crack the team next season?
- What was with that whole thing where Weber was maybe retiring but then played later that week?
- Can Petry continue to keep getting better?
- Who’s to blame for Carey Price‘s fall off, Price or the Habs?
- Who’s going to back up Price next season?
- and more!
Follow Arpon on Twitter @ArponBasu and check out his work at The Athletic. Get a 40% discount on membership to The Athletic at theathletic.com/athleticsupport.
Players discussed on this episode include Jonathan Drouin, Phillip Danault, Brendan Gallagher, Max Domi,