In the Keeping Karlsson Fantasy Hockey Podcast’s 31 Beats series, Elan and Brian are on a league-wide odyssey to explore the fantasy present and future landscapes of each of the NHL’s 31 teams, gathering info by interviewing the people who know them best: beat writers!
In this episode Elan is joined by both members of the Laz and Powers podcast, Mark Lazerus and Scott Powers to discuss the Chicago Blackhawks. Both are senior writers for The Athletic and definitely know their stuff when it comes to all things Hawks! Topics discussed on this episode include:
- Is the rebuild over?
- How much do Kane, Toews, Keith and Crawford have left?
- What caused Debrincat’s production to decrease?
- Was Kubalik’s rookie season for real?
- How did 18 year old Dach look?
- Which reclamation project has more upside in Strome vs. Nylander?
- Was the Saad for Panarin trade not so bad?
- Will Boqvist take over PP1 next season?
- Who will tend twine next season?
- and more!
Follow Mark on Twitter @MarkLazerus and check out his work at The Athletic. Check out his book If These Walls Could Talk: Chicago Blackhawks: Stories from the Chicago Blackhawks’ Ice, Locker Room, and Press Box. Follow Scott on Twitter @ByScottPowers and check out his work at The Athletic.
Also make sure to listen to the Laz and Powers podcast.
Players discussed on this episode include Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews, Alex DeBrincat, Dominik Kubalik, Kirby Dach,