The Colorado Avalanche traded Andreas Martinsen to the Montreal Canadiens for winger Sven Andrighetto
The Canadiens get: size. More size! In the past day or two they have added a 200-pound shot-blocker in Jordie Benn, a 210-pound two way defenseman in Brandon Davidson, a veteran agitator in Steve Ott and a 230-pound checker in Dwight King. And now they add another checker in 220-pound winger Andreas Martinsen. If Montreal’s problem was getting pushed around too much, it looks like they’re addressing it!
The Avalanche gets: a small, skilled winger who can play on a scoring line. Sven Andrighetto can light it up in the AHL, but has yet to really show that at the NHL level. He’s another Rocco Grimaldi bubble player – will he or won’t he? Chemistry is key. If he lights it up playing with a talented centerman, then he has an NHL future. If not, then he doesn’t.
Fantasy Players Impacted: Andrighetto wasn’t succeeding in Montreal. So the fact that he gets another chance with a new team increases his odds of success from 0% to maybe 10%. He’s worth sticking on your radar, but not worth picking up off the waiver wire.
As for the other players on Montreal and Colorado, this is really just shuffling the deck. No impact.
Fantasy Players this helps, in order:
Fantasy Players this hurts, in order:
- Ramblings: Seattle Hires Francis As GM, Ranking Defensemen (July 19)
- Ramblings: Oilers/Flames Trade High Salaries, Rangers Sign Trouba, Schenn, Marchessault (July 20)
- Ramblings: Bubble Keepers in Shallower Pools - Horvat, Kopitar, Voracek (July 21)
- Fantasy Take: Lucic and Neal Swapped One For One
- Frozen Tools Forensics: The Ten Worst Defensemen according to GAR
- 21 Fantasy Hockey Rambles
- Capped: Introducing cap league tools and top cap league values
- Ramblings: Bubble Keeper Week - Schneider, Labanc, Kase, Couturier and tons of ‘Player X or Player Y’ Questions (July 22)